Our new Apricot Penta-Acid Polish is a deeply cleansing, yet gentle exfoliant and is particularly effective for dull, tired or oily to combination skin. Formulated by Irene Forte Skincare’s highly acclaimed Scientific Director, Dr Francesca Ferri, the Apricot Penta-Acid Polish contains a unique combination of six chemical and physical exfoliants to help clarify and refine the skin. This performance-driven exfoliant also fights against free radicals to delay the signs of ageing skin.
The Apricot Penta-Acid Polish’s key active ingredients include:
- PHA (Gluconolactone): A next-generation Polyhydroxy Acid that works as a gentle exfoliant to help regenerate and repair the skin barrier, as well as hydrate and brighten the skin. Its ability to protect against free radicals, contributes to its antioxidant and anti-ageing properties.
- Quadruple-AHA Complex: A quadruple-blend of Alpha Hydroxy Acids that gently exfoliate and nourish the skin. This combination of high-quality Italian plant acids, including Tartaric Acid from Grape, Malic Acid Apple, Mandelic Acid from Almond, and Citric Acid from Lemon, efficiently renews the skin, protecting Collagen and stimulating Fibroblasts to produce new fibrils. They also help to fight against hyperpigmentation.
- Apricot Seed Powder: Derived from the kernels of Apricot, this powder is packed with vitamins and fatty acids to restore and mildly remove dead skin cells and impurities from the skin.
- Aloe Leaf Juice: A nutrient-rich juice from the succulent heart of the Aloe Leaf that helps deeply hydrate, whilst calming and soothing the skin.
- Upcycled Red Grape Skin: A bio-liquefied organic Red Grape Skin from the Emilia-Romagna region in Italy that has strong antioxidant activity. Grape skins protect grapes from UV overexposure, pathogen attacks, environmental pollution and adverse weather conditions. Similarly, in skincare, they protect against the degradation of proteins such as Collagen, helping the skin remain toned and elastic.
The Apricot-Penta Acid Polish can complement an existing skin routine and is recommended for use one to two times a week. For the best results, apply a generous layer of the polish to the face, neck and décolleté, leave for 5 minutes, before lightly massaging with slow circular motions and then removing with warm water.
The product’s innovative packaging features a recyclable glass jar with a replaceable biobased plastic inner component, as well as handmade ‘spoon-style’ spatulas created by a carpenter based in Puglia using sustainable olive wood. (At Irene Forte Skincare, we stay true to our roots and aim to keep all aspects of production in Italy, including supporting local artisans.)
The refill component can be recycled once used through Irene Forte Skincare’s recycling programme in partnership with First Mile (a QR Code on the box explains next steps). First Mile recycles the refill shredding it into flakes, which are then converted into plastic pellets to make new plastic products for things such as car parts and pipes, giving it a second life. There is a prepaid return address so that customers can easily send these components to be recycled.