#MediterraneanMonday - Orange Recipes
We all know that Oranges are an excellent source of Vitamin C. They also contain a variety of other vitamins, potassium, fibre and calcium. Given their nutritional benefits, we've created a Mediterranean three-course meal with oranges.
Starter: Sicilian Orange and Fennel Salad
2 small fennel bulbs
15 black olives
1. Peel the oranges, making sure you eliminate the white part of the orange. Cut into thin slices and place on a serving dish.
2. Using a slicer, slice the fennel bulbs and place them over the oranges.
3. Decorate with olives and add salt and olive oil as a dressing.
Main: Papillotes of Sea Bream with Citrus Fruit by Fulvio Pierangelini
For 4 people
1.6kg fresh sea bream
1 untreated lemon
1 untreated orange
few leaves of basil, mint, thyme, parsley
extra-virgin olive oil
1 blanched fennel bulb cut into thin strips
1. Scale and gut the fish and cut it into fillets.
2. Remove the orange peel with a potato peeler and carefully eliminate the white, bitter part. Cut it into very thin strips.
3. Peel citrus fruits "alive" and obtain the wedges, taking care not to leave any white membrane; squeeze the juice and reduce it to half over low heat.
4. On a squared piece of baking paper, lay the fennel strips, the reduced juice, the herbs and the raw fish fillet with some orange peel on top, the mixed citrus wedges, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
5. Wrap the baking paper in the shape of a bundle, then close it with a cooking string.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
Dessert: Sicilian Orange Bread
1 whole orange
2 tsp baking powder
1. In a bowl mix eggs and sugar and beat them until you get a clear, frothy mixture. Add the sifted flour, butter and baking powder.
2. Wash the whole orange properly, cut it into pieces and whisk it, including the skin, until it forms a puree. Turn the oven on at 176 degrees.
3. Add the puree to the rest of the dough and mix well. Transfer everything into a buttered cake tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 176 degrees.
In the same way that eating oranges promotes good health from the inside out, we also promote good skin from the outside in by applying Orange topically. The following products contain Orange: