#MediterraneanMondays- Pomegranate Recipes
Starter: Italian Sparkling Pomegranate
2 cups pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup sugar
1. Boil a cup of pomegranate seeds with sugar and some water. After a few minutes press the seeds together to form a thick syrup and strain.
2. Add as much syrup as you desire into a glass with ice. Pour the sparkling water on top and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and some mint.
Main: Spinach Pomegranate Salad
1 cup fregola
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tbsp Italian flat-leaf parsley
4oz spinach fresh, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup walnuts chopped
1/2 pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Stir and cook the fregola for approximately 12 minutes and drain.
2. Add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to keep the fregola from drying out. When the fregola has cooled to room temperature, add the parsley, spinach and walnuts. Combine gently together.
3. To make the balsamic vinaigrette whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, dry mustard and salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad. Gently combine the pomegranate seeds.
Dessert: Pomegranate Panna Cotta
1/3 cup pomegranate juice
2 tsp unflavoured gelatin
1 1/2 cups double cream
1 cup sugar
½ cup full fat milk
1. In each of the dessert cups sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds. Place 1/3 cup of pomegranate juice into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the pomegranate juice. Set aside.
2. Place the cream in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar and gently heat over the hob, stirring the mixture to dissolve the sugar.
3. Remove from the heat. Pour in the pomegranate gelatin mixture and stir until completely melted, also adding the milk in slowly. Divide the mixture evenly among the dessert cups and refrigerate until firm.
4. Once firm, sprinkle the top of the panna cotta with some pomegranate seeds.
In the same way that eating pomegranates promote good health from the inside out, we also promote good skin from the outside in by applying Pomegranate topically. The following products contain Pomegranate: